Seasonal Insurance

Seasonal properties come in a wide variety of types and may include a cottage, a trailer that is permanently parked and used as a dwelling, or another home that may be only used seasonally as a family getaway.

Seasonal properties aren’t standard so your insurance policy shouldn't be either. You need an insurance policy that is specifically designed to take care of your needs. Our advisors can help walk you through the process of purchasing your policy to help you receive the best policy for the most affordable price

While helping you decide on the right insurance policy for your seasonal, a few things to consider are:

  • Specific perils - you can insure your cottage for specific risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and more.
  • Personal belongings - this includes permanent property that remains inside the cottage such as appliances and furniture.
  • Seasonal Insurance - if you only use your cottage during the summer, winter, or specific months of the year, you can be covered
  • Detached structures - you will need to make sure your sheds, garages, boathouses, guest homes, and other additional buildings.
  • Third-party liability - you can be insured for any legal responsibilities if someone were to hurt themselves on your property or damage you may cause to neighbouring properties.

Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) Update:

The Canadian Insurance Services Regulatory Organizations (CISRO) has published the Principles of Conduct for Insurance Intermediaries (Principles Document) to help ensure the fair treatment of customers in the life & health and property & casualty insurance sectors. The Principles Document outlines minimum regulatory conduct standards and common regulator expectations for all insurance intermediaries regarding the fair treatment of customers. Please contact your broker directly should you have any questions or concerns.

The new Guidance documents are available for your review below: